Create Karma Leadership Expo
(Steinman Hall: CK Teachers)
- Jane and Juliette will lead you through a basic yet powerful vinyasa flow for all abilities. The elegant link of breath and asana coupled with the hands of our experienced assistants will leave you feeling invigorated and renewed. Find comfort in the stillness of the pose, find ease in the transitions from pose to pose. Each moment is a moment to be savored, whether the body is in movement or is in the practice of stillness.
- Jane Grice, NSCA-CSCS, RYT-500, Ambassador-I am an empowered and connected wellness coach who believes that all people have the right to be fit and well. I bring positive impact to students and clients by incorporating safe and effective movement to support improvement in all aspects of wellness—cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, stress reduction and mind-body connection. Juliette Mandel, MD, RYT500 Physician and Wellness Leader, Ambassador and Generator- I am most alive holding healing space for others by connecting through compassion and shared vulnerability. I believe that we are each WHOLE, COMPLETE and ONE… just as we are in this present moment. In my medical practice, and as a yoga instructor in the community, I offer the possibility of inspiring others to spark positive behavior change towards universal wellness — in yoga, in medicine, and in life.
- Yoga and mindfulness are effective modalities in supporting the relationship between the brain, nervous system and body. Often times we tell our children to calm themselves down, but we don’t tell them how to do it. This mini workshop is designed to provide parents, teachers and caregivers with concrete tools to help children learn how to reflect on their emotions, nurture themselves through relaxation and reconnect to themselves in positive ways.
- Sarah Ballard, RYT-500,Teacher, Ambassador and Generator -I support self-awareness and increased personal power in young people so they have the capacity to navigate the world mindfully and to lead with their compassionate “little-big” hearts. Michelle Newman, RYT-500, Health and Wellness Educator, Ambassador and Generator- I educate and empower children, families and their communities through movement, mindfulness and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Enjoy yoga with the use of a chair. Used for sitting and as a prop in balancing poses, chair yoga can be valuable for yoga practitioners of all levels. Come experience how sitting in a chair can help connect your body, breath and mind. Please bring a block
- Peggy Shaffer, RYT-500, Teacher and Accountant, Ambassador- I am a teacher who is creative, open, and playful. I believe everyone can benefit from yoga. I work to create modifications so every person is included and made to feel welcomed and empowered.
- Your breath has the power to help your nervous system keep you calm and in control. In this workshop, you will learn how the breath and nervous system react during times of stress and peace. We will spend time practicing several different yogic breathing practices (pranayama) and learn a walking meditation. Explore practices that can help sooth you in every day life, and maintain a calm and controlled mindset.
- Beth Martin, RYT-500, Educator and Nurturer, Generator – I am a teacher for those who crave balance. I believe there are healing powers in focused breath, embodied movement and authentic stillness. I inspire others to find harmony through personal exploration in yoga practice and daily life.
- This class will specifically focus in the heart opening chakra Anahata. This is where the physical and spiritual meet. Anahata calls upon us to channel compassion towards the self and radiate it out to the universe by expanding our possibility of love, gratitude, and forgiveness. We will explore the fluidity and rhythmic oscillations of prana life force, through the synchronization of the breath with flowing movement. This creative prana vinyasa class will be accompanied by pop music with a soulful twist, with a focus on backbends and heart openers.
- Juliette Mandel,MD, RYT500 Physician and Wellness Leader, Ambassador and Generator – I am most alive holding healing space for others by connecting through compassion and shared vulnerability. I believe that we are each WHOLE, COMPLETE and ONE… just as we are in this present moment. In my medical practice, and as a yoga instructor in the community, I offer the possibility of inspiring others to spark positive behavior change towards universal wellness—in yoga, in medicine, and in life.
- Give yourself the gift of pause. Using the Points of You approach you are invited to connect with yourself and with others in a unique and different way allowing you to broaden your perspective, and find reflection from different points of view. Please bring something to sit on.
- Tony Hernandez, RYT-200,Inner Research Guide and Educator, Ambassador and Generator-Through guided reflection and holding space where dialogue can happen, I help people claim their distinct identities and embrace the value it brings to their community.
- Explore methods and modifications to create authentic practices for souls who inhabit different bodies. Gloria used her own experience as an awkward beginner with plenty of real estate to move, to develop various kramas or modifications. She will share her experience as an instructor and listener with you.
- Gloria Mast, RYT-200, Educator, Generator- I am engaged in expressing and experiencing everyone’s individual story, living out the notion that you can change the human condition while embracing the condition of being human. I impact the community that can share my
experience and journey as an exploration of healing brokenness through asana.